iDevelop SOI 2019

 iDevelop SOI Reflection

The focus of SOI for term 3 was to transform our iDevelop teaching using digital technologies. 

With help from Donna, I was able to identify my goals to implement digital technology for mathematics teaching and learning. Donna introduced me to various of i-pad applications and cool widgets that I could download on chrome-books. 


First, I wanted my learners to become fully independent when it comes to working on mathletics. Donna showed me how to download QR codes for my learners so that they could easily log in to their accounts without me helping them. This was very successful and allowed me more time to work with other learners. 

Secondly, as majority of my lessons incorporate hands-on mathematics activities, I was not able to keep a record of all learners' mathematical thinking and their way of solving problems. Through PLC, I was introduced to 'SHOW ME' (click the link) and 'DRAW AND TELL' (click the link). This was wonderful for my learners as they were able to draw, write, and explain and record all their thinking at the same time. The videos can be saved and filed using our habitat gmail. Now, I am able to keep a record of all my learners' mathematical thinking. 

Show Me
This is one of the videos created by Maunga Learners during iExplore

Link here: http://www.showme.com/sh?h=GY2vc1I

Draw and Tell



Some images created by students during literacy:






Comments

  1. Hi Jade

    I really like the way you used 'show me' with your learners during your Maths and literacy lessons. It would be great if you could share this learning with me. Maybe I can share with you what I learnt using book creator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jade,

    I'm pleased you were able to use your PLC group so effectively to get ideas and support to implement the apps you choose. It is also great to see such wonderful ideas of what this looks like for your learners.

    Show Me and Draw and Tell are definitely a great way to get your learners to explain their thinking and show this in a visual way. It is also a great way for them to teach others.

    Have you shared these through your Habitat Site? Could they access these as part of their DAT's and see you as a follow-up?

    Keep up the great attitude and I look forward to seeing more.

    Lisa:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you have enabled all your learners to have quick access to Mathletics as this will make a big difference to the time they spend logging in. Mathletics is a great tool and it might be worth you spending some time getting to know it as it can be used in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment